Monday, May 04, 2015

Met Gala 2015

I love the Met Gala especially since it kicks off the new Fashion Exhibit at The Met. This year the theme is: China Through the Looking Glass.  It will be at the Museum May 7th - August 16th. I will be checking this exhibit out!

However, prior to the exhibit opening to the general public, there is the Met Gala Ball.  How this works is that designers chose a celebrity they want to dress usually based upon the theme of the Gala. It's always a spectacle! It's a mix of athletes, movie stars, TV stars, musicians, reality stars (I'm so not a Kardasian fan!) wearing gorgeous designer originals.

First I need to show you how the Museum is decorated ~





These are the dresses that I liked ~



Jennifer Lawrence was in Dior and she was the co-chair this year

Zendaya Coleman in Fausto Puglisi

Bee Schafer (Anna Wintour's daughter) in Alexander McQueen

Cher in Marc Jacobs

Dianna Agron in Tory Burch

Helen Mirren in Dolce & Gabbana

Kate Hudson in Michael Kors

Marissa Meyer - head of Yahoo - also co-chair
in Oscar de la Renta


Lady Gaga in Balenciaga

And I'm not sure about this one but Sarah Jessica is wearing a Phillip Treacy headpiece so...




This was a serious WTF moment for me ~


Does this woman ever wear clothes anymore?

There was the I have a great body and so I'm gonna come half naked ~ I'm looking at you Beyonce, JLo and Kim K. West! I'm sure you will be bombarded by their looks elsewhere so I'm not showcasing them here!

Finally, if you want to see all the dresses yourself, the complete Red Carpet is on style.com and Vogue.  All pictures were lifted from the Vogue site so thank you to the photographer who took them! If you were as obsessed as I was - who did you like?

My final pic of the day...really Justin Bieber?! *LOL*




...as always more later!








20 comments:

  1. The Jennifer Lawrence dress. You must have similar fabric/s. How about a Carolynized version?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I saw it I seriously thought that I could make a work dress like that! Love when I can see those possibilities.

      Delete
  2. Helen Mirren-always beautiful; WTF dress = bumblebee queen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bee Schafer's dress is, as the critics are pointing out, Japanese in origins, but so stunning and so well cut to her, I just would not quibble.
    And what the Beebs is wearing is actually kinda cool. But I have a real love for the matador suit of lights. My alternate life has me doing that gold work. Going blind very early, but lots of bullion stitch. Lots.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for posting this. Amazing China inspired gowns, I'd love the opportunity to wear some of these! The bird embroidery on Dianna Agron's dress is subtle but gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Helen Mirrin never ceases to amaze me. Oh, to age so beautifully! I am so impressed with Cher's look. I don't think I have ever seen her dressed in such a non costume-y ladylike fashion and she really looks beautiful. Bee Shafer stops the show in that dress! I am not a fan of the J. Lawrence dress, too much going on. I would have canned the rhinestone collar-ish deal and I think the dress would have stood on its own and a bit less overkill. Thanks for posting these. It was an enjoyable ride. Justin B? oh, just do home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know I meant "just go home" Mr. Beebs.

      Delete
  6. My favs were Kate Hudson, Helen Mirren, and I have to say Cher looked good but felt she needed a little more jewlery.

    ReplyDelete
  7. RIHANNA!!!!!!

    I am tired of seeing a quasi-naked Beyonce and J.Lo. Gabrielle Union didn't really get that she was supposed to be art.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was a great theme. I do like Rihanna's but it's a bit on the ott side, perhaps minus the fur, the boobs spilling over and little less leg. It could of looked so much better.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love helen miran's dress and bea schaefer's as well. But these see through dresses are just something else. I'm quite surprised at beyonce, kim k not so much, and rihanna is the usual crazy. I guess they just had to have enough fabric to cover the important parts and that was acceptable. Lord have mercy smh

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think Helen Mirren knocked it out of the park, and Cher looked quite un-Cher-like, which is refreshing! Otherwise, a big Hmmmmm from me.. K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read an article about Cher and Marc Jacobs and her fashionable look was deliberate. I loved how wonderful she looked!

      Delete
  11. I loved Janelle Monae's outfit. Fan Bingbing looked exquisite, and perfectly fitting with the theme - it does help that she is Chinese so her outfit didn't come off costumey on her, and she's also utterly gorgeous. As for the nudie dresses, they were so frustrating! The level of detail on Beyonce, Kim K, and JLo's dresses was phenomenal, but completely ruined by the game of spot my naughty bits they were playing with the cameras and the crowds. And the seams were all obviously visible on Beyonce's dress, which was also distracting. If only they'd had proper nude (or maybe slightly deeper shade) underlays like the old 1920s illusion dresses did. Of all the people who did sheer at the Met Gala, Lily Collins with her black blouse was the only one who really did it right.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Helen Mirren gets my vote. Ten times over! I love her style. I'm not familiar with Bee Schafer..... The dress makes her look very well endowed. If she isn't, then I'm not sure about the dress. The WTF dress just looks as if she couldn't be bothered to get dressed and threw an expensive rug throw around herself. It just look like a 'lack of effort', rather than 'effortless'.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm not in love with that dress, but Rihanna was the only one to wear an actual Chinese designer to the gala with a theme about China. http://www.vanityfair.com/style/2015/05/story-behind-rihanna-red-carpet-winning-met-gala-dress

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, Fan Bingbing wore Christopher Bu who is a Chinese designer and her dress actually payed homage to the China theme too. Rihanna's get up like Beyonce's were Instagram moments.

      Delete
  14. I always love seeing the gown at this and I think this is an occasion to pull out all the stops so I don't mind some of the out there looks, but please look like you have put some clothes on! I thought Anna Wintour's daughter looked spectacular, I think I read somewhere that her dress was McQueen.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! It is so appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails